As the warm weather arrives, the heavy clothes start to shred; it’s time to work off that winter weight. Here are 10 things you should start eating today to get into shape and feel healthier!
- Sweet Potatoes: Did you know they have tons of fiber, potassium, beta carotene, and vitamin C? They are so full of flavor they don’t need much sprucing up! This can save you a ton of calories.
- Nuts: They are great to help you curb hunger between meals. They're high in fiber, protein, and heart-healthy fats. They can promote weight loss and improve cholesterol levels. But eat them in moderation – they’re loaded with calories!
- Raw vegetables: This makes a great snack! They’re full of water to help keep you full, they satisfy the desire to crunch, and they’re low in calories.
- Eggs: A great source of protein and other nutrients, one egg only has only 75 calories! Your body will burn more calories digesting a protein than carbohydrates! If you have high cholesterol, choose egg whites, which are cholesterol free but still packed with protein!
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt has twice as much protein as regular yogurts and takes longer to leave your stomach, keeping you satisfied longer.
- Quinoa: (Pronounced keen-wa), is a whole grain cooked just like rice, and has 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber in one cup, along with vitamin E, zinc, iron, and selenium.
- Pears and apples: They are high in water content, and the peels have extra fiber!
- Watermelon: is rich in water and keeps you full longer. It’s also a good source of vitamin A and C and the antioxidant lycopene.
- Green Tea: Studies have suggested that drinking green tea several times a day may actually promote weight loss by stimulating your body to burn abdominal fat. It contains catechins that affect the metabolism.
- Coffee: It actually stimulates the metabolism. It may sound too good to be true – but don’t overdo it. Water is still your best beverage of choice along with the green tea.
Although you've probably seen these foods on a list like this before, hopefully seeing them again will help you make better choices. Making healthy food choices today will equal a healthy life tomorrow.
If you'd like to add exercise into your new (or existing) healthy routine, Wholesale Point has the accessories to assist you. Our strength training section has products such as dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, resistance bands and even kickboxing and martial arts equipment. Or perhaps you’d like to try yoga or pilates? We've got exercise mats, accessories, and balance and stability products including foam rollers. We also have heart rate monitors, pedometers, and other equipment to keep your exercise goals on task!
Keep checking our website for details on new products and brands as we expand our catalog! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for daily reminders and updates as well!