There is no doubt that the best way to keep your body and mind in top shape is to be physically active through some type of exercise. There is no reason why everyone, no matter what his or her physical condition, cannot engage in at least some form of exercise.
With so many forms of exercise to choose from today – anyone and everyone can participate - from dancing, to yoga, to Zumba (in and out of a chair or water), to walking, running, biking and more.
What’s most important is the reason WHY to keep physically active. It’s not just about the physical aspects of the body anymore – but it helps the mind too. Here are ways exercise can help keep you in the best shape mentally and physically:
1. Builds aerobic power. Your aerobic capacity is how much oxygen your body can consume during exercise. Usually, people lose about 10 percent of their aerobic power per decade, so by the time they reach age 70 they could have lost 30 percent already. By regularly exercising, you can cut that loss in half.
2. Reduces blood pressure. During exercise, the arteries widen, allowing blood to flow through more freely, dropping the blood pressure. Because your heart is also a muscle, it’s also getting a workout, so as your heart gets stronger, its ability to pump blood through the arteries gets better, which also helps to reduce your blood pressure.
3. Lowers Type 2 diabetes risk. Regular exercise will improve your body’s ability to metabolize glucose, the key to delaying Type 2 Diabetes which is becoming a world-wide crisis among adults around the world.
4. Maintains immune functioning. Simply put, exercising helps keep your immune system alert and healthy to fight out infections and disease which will help keep you healthier and happier.
5. Reduces body fat. A regular exercise program will help reduce your body mass index (BMI), burning body fat and building muscle.
6. Keeps bones strong. At least one hour a week of resistance training (weight-lifting) is the key to build strong healthy bones.
7. Improves breathing. Exercise can improve your breathing by strengthening the muscles that help your lungs open up to bring in oxygen and push out carbon dioxide.
9. Brings better sleep. Exercising during the day helps you sleep better at night!
10. Improves mood/lowers anxiety. Your body releases endorphins during exercise after about 20 minutes of working out. These “feel good” neurotransmitters eventually improve your overall mental health diminishing your feelings of worry and anxiety.
11. Boosts memory and intelligence. Studies have actually proven that exercise helps your neurons stay in shape and boost your memory. Along with memory, your intellectual skills benefit from regular physical activity as well.
We have tons of fitness equipment and supplies at Wholesale Point to get you started on your exercise regimen right away! From pedometers to yoga/pilates mats, to strength training and more!
Keep checking our website for details on new products and brands as we expand our catalog! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for daily reminders and updates as well!